AC30 with intermittent volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC30 with intermittent volume

I just shipped my 2 year old AC30CC2 to an ebay buyer. It left the house in fine condition, but when he got it all unpacked and turned on it had a strange volume drop happening at random. He said it went just fine for a few minutes, but then the output was significantly cut. From the emails we've sent back and forth it sounds like it sort of goes through the same cycle every time he turns it on. Sometimes it will kick back up to full volume suddenly. Strikes me as being some sort of physical connection problem.

I suggested to reseat the tubes, check the speaker wire solders, check the speaker plug, check the ribbon cables running between boards, do a chopstick test, and try to plug into the FX loop to isolate the problem to preamp/poweramp. I know this is kind of a long shot since it isn't in front of any of us, but does anyone have any more suggestions of things that might be causing this that he could investigate? thanks in advance.

Do these have a permanent fx loop (eg not footswitchable)? If so try a link cable between out and in, in case the internal switch contact is dirty.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

They do, and this turned out to be the problem. Looks like I can continue my life as a good ebayer now!

Comment

Working...
      X