No announcement yet.

Champ blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's basically pin 8 of the output tube, correct?

Most I saw was 3.01vac, and averaged between 1.5 and 2.5 or so in reference to ground.

edit: I did take the measurement at the resistor, if it matters
    ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Schematic is asking for 19v in this location. I really don't know where to look next for the source of this undervoltage.
      ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

The Vac readings that you took look low.
        That 19 volt spec is Volts dc.
        Test the cathode pin 8 for Vdc at idle. No signal.
        That resistor sets the tubes idle current for one thing.
        Is the cathode resitor bypassed by a capacitor (in parallel)
        If it is, lift one end of the cap to see if the voltages change.

Comment

I was just looking back over my readings and that 3.01 was vac. It's getting 24vdc on pin 8 as well.
          ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

should I still lift on side of the bypass cap and check for voltage variations?

I realize that I am veeeerrrrry green at troubleshooting. I appreciate the help and patience
            ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

See if the output gets louder when you lift the cathode bypass cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                See if the output gets louder when you lift the cathode bypass cap.
                Just tried that and there is little or no change. There may be slightly less volume.
                ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Never mind. I am the dunce of the week. Miswired the OT.

I had ordered a 4 ohm xformer and I just figured out that they had sent me one with 4 and 8 ohm taps. The extra lead was green and I used it as if it were a ground. Sorry to take up your time with such blatant stupidity. I'm going to go away now and hang my head in shame and hope that no one in RL ever gets to see for themselves just how stupid I am
                  ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Was just about to suggest double checking the OT wiring there.

You can't be that dumb, you haven't electrocuted yourself yet.
                    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
                    X