Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super reverb preamp pin voltages

Getting closer to solving this mystery. Thanks to everyone

Normal channel now has about 1/10th the volume it should have and sounds good

with more lows ( less sparkle ) than Normal channel.

Questions :

V6...pin 2 and 7 ... 26v...any idea why the 26v here ?

V5...pin 7 ...1v... is this OK ?

V4...pin 6 ... 38v ( not 230v ) ...and pin 7 ... 3v

I have all new caps and tubes ordered.

Before getting into voltages I think it'd be good to know which channel you're talking about. Your post says Normal channel twice. Does one channel work well and the other not?

Comment

If this is the same amp, I do believe we are talking about the Vibrato Channel output being low.

Comment

the specific voltages at the pins you highlight are more relevant when put in context with dc voltages across the amp overall & with the other dc voltages for those tubes.

If the amp is making only 1/10th output, it is broken, I don't see how it can be "sounding good"?

Comment

I think the OP meant the Normal Channel sounds good.
          It is a Vibrato Channel problem.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion lowell....Jazz P Bass is correct...... same amp......low volume on Vibrato Channel. Normal Channel is good.
            MWJB......when I got this amp the tag board was stripped.....when I got it back together there was no sound at all from Vibrato Channel...then, after resoldering the chassis grounds, I was able to hear a very low volume but with distortion, and now, after more cap and resistor changes I now have a clear sound with absolutely no distortion. New preamp tubes should be here Friday........ I am slowly learning some of the concepts of how/why tube amps work but as you can tell I am a "toddler in training"...............my biggest fear at this point is that the problem we find with this Super will be another DUH moment........bad ground or fried resistor...
            go figure....

Comment

Working...
            X