Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ampeg reverbrocket2 ps voltage problem?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ampeg reverbrocket2 ps voltage problem?????

I rebuilt a 67 ampeg rr2 and after replacing filter caps im getting to high a voltage at"D" terminal.This is the one with a 12ax7,6u10,7199,and a pair of 7591s.The voltage from high to low are 380v 380v 340,and 300.The 300volts that fed the preamp should be 200volts.I measure the 470,1k,and 10k1 &2 watt resistors and they measure right on the money.I doubt i miswired something.HELP! thanks

If all of the nodes are wired correctly and the other voltages are spot on then you just have to increse the last dropping resistor and I do this lots with some homebrews as it doesn't always go as planned for whatever reason but if that is the only thing out of wack then it's no big deal. Could be something as simple as a difference in tube impedance especially the 7199 but I'd say maybe try an extra 10k increase and see where that puts you.
    KB

Comment

Can the OP post the schematic they're using???
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

here it is

here is the schematic.
        Attached Files

Comment

Did you have 200V there before the rebuild or are you just going by the Piazza drawing? I appreciate the effort Joe has put into his schematics but sometimes find them lacking. Here is a link to an Ampeg schematic:
          Ampeg GS-12R Schematic - KBapps.com
          Check all your tube voltages. If you have tubes that are not conducting as much as they should you will find higher voltages than normal at the supply nodes.

Edit: Sorry, that Ampeg schematic is not for the 7199 version. Maybe it will be of some help though.
          Perhaps someone else here has an Ampeg schematic for the 7199 version?
          Last edited by g1; 03-29-2011, 07:07 PM.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It's worth noting that with a similar circuit the Ampeg schem shows much larger dropping resistors AND much higher voltages. If your tubes are all operating correctly and the amp is working I'd say that the Piazza drawing is just incorrect.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
            X