Peavey Mark III Bass Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Mark III Bass Head

I have a Peavey Mark III bass head, manual printed 11/88. I bought this head new and have been playing on & off since the late 80's. For awhile now after playing the sound "cuts out", if I pop the the strings on my bass the sound comes back & will stay on for a while longer & then will continually go off. I have tried different cords, different basses & different settings on the head and the effects are still the same. Any ideas?

The first thing to check is the break jacks that either connect the preamp to the power amp or the FX send to the FX return. Try plugging a spare guitar cable into the send and the return jacks and see if that restores the signal.

Comment

These old timer's suffer from dry jointed circuit boards and a re flow over the track's is some times needs even the pots start to fail aswel......if you have a spare amp handy plug your guitar in to the peavey and use it's send out this cut's off the power amp side so you can see if the peamp is working has it should be... next plug the send or line from your spare amp back to the return of the peavey to see if the power amp stage if ok..

you can get the diagram from peavey...does your one have a large heat sink on the rear of the head or row's of covered up out put transistors that lay under the plastic t0-3 style covers...
      Experience comes with more understanding

Comment

Check the main rectifiers for shorts.
        CR17- CR24.
        Attached Files

Comment

Check the main rectifiers for shorts.
          CR17- CR24.
          Also, if you feel inclined, go to the Search section of any page.
          Upper right corner.
          Enter in "Peavey Mark III".
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X