Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with switch wiring Vox V125

Howdy Hey,
    The last bug left on getting this "unique" Vox V125 up and running is the rewiring of the speaker selector switch. I think I've got the switch itself figured out, it's a DPDT I think where each adj set of contacts on either end are connected depending on up/down position, but they are independent of each other. I mean that when up each set left/right are connected, but not to each other. If that makes sense. Anyway this was rewired to make the ext speaker jack a line out and I'm trying to get it back to original speaker switching. When the switch is down: either internal (8 ohm) speakers or ext 8 ohm cab connected to 8 ohm tap. When switch is up: internal (8 ohm) and ext (8 ohm) parallel with 4 ohm tap.

Here's a pic of the back of the switch as it stands. The Red is the 8 ohm tap, white is 4 ohm tap & blue is earth. The pink is NFB lead, grey wires are the int speaker leads. The grey w/ stripe is the speaker return and was soldered up to the blue/black(earth) connection. I just removed the resister network for the line out. Anybody have some experience with this kind of switching arrangement?
    Matt
    Last edited by phydauex; 03-29-2011, 09:01 PM. Reason: mistake
Working...
X