Randall RG200 transformer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RG200 transformer.

I've recently been given a Randall RG200 to fix, after someone decided throwing it out of a door would be a good idea.

It blows fuses as soon as it is turned on, to try to find the fault. I've disconnected the transformer outputs so the only load is from the transformer itself. I decided to try this as the packaging around the transformer is damaged.

The transformer is labeled as a "GS200M23050 Federal" I can't find any data sheets for this.

Anyone know of a suitable replacement transformer, where I could find a datasheet? Or any suggestions as to what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by CamNZ; 05-14-2011, 11:51 PM. Reason: typo in transformer label

What I'm really after are the primary and secondary winding resistances. So i can determine whether it is shorting wind-to-wind. Thanks.

Comment

Here is the RG200 power supply schematic.
      I don't know if resistance is going to prove anything.
      The primary is going to read about 20 some ohms.
      All of the secondaries will read really low.
      Attached Files

Comment

Does Randall have replacements available? With three secondaries that will not be easy to replace with an off the shelf part.

As Jazz noted the secondaries will read low ohms except the high tension one. If there are no continuities between any windings, then you could build one of RG's shorted turns testers to see if that is the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X