Marshall JMC800 died after pods cleaned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JMC800 died after pods cleaned

This afternoon, I cleaned the pods on my 1986 tube amp (Marshal JMC800). Afterward, I tested it by playing my guitar through it, then turned it off. Three hours later when I tried to turn the amp back on, the switch didn't light up, and nothing was functioning. Any ideas???

A tube amp doesn't have any part called pods. What do you mean?

I can't help thinking of the Red Dwarf episode where the navigation computer gets filled with hot soapy water by an over-zealous cleaning droid, causing the spacecraft to crash.

Assuming you didn't short it out by filling it with water, check the fuse. If it is blown, replace it with one of the same value and try again. If it blows again, take the amp to a repair shop - it might need new tubes or suchlike.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
      - it might need new tubes or suchlike.
      or it might need new pods.. they sound important

Comment

pods lol.

Maybe he means poTs? (But how would they interrpt power?)

Comment

need more info

(probably not going to get it)

Comment

Is it plugged in?
            (Of coarse it's plugged in. Alright I'll check it........oh!)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
              A tube amp doesn't have any part called pods. What do you mean?

I can't help thinking of the Red Dwarf episode where the navigation computer gets filled with hot soapy water by an over-zealous cleaning droid, causing the spacecraft to crash.

Assuming you didn't short it out by filling it with water, check the fuse. If it is blown, replace it with one of the same value and try again. If it blows again, take the amp to a repair shop - it might need new tubes or suchlike.
              Steve, That's Funny!
              I'm building a new 2204!
              Where do I put them???
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

C'mon you guys, get serious, from some of the replies you would think you're all high on pod.
                Really though, I thought a pod was that thing Derek Smalls got stuck in during "Rock 'n Roll Creation".
                Last edited by tboy; 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM. Reason: fixed smilies
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Terry, just open the pod bay doors and stick them in.
                  I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.
                  "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
                  X