No announcement yet.

Another Hot Rod Deluxe switching problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize that this is an old thread. Very informative and educational however, and a big help to me. I just want to add that I was working on a Hot Rod Deluxe some time back and doing many of the the things suggested here. Hunting down' no' reverb originally. That time it turned out to be a dead tank. Replaced and all was well. I replaced R78 and R79 and hit a bunch of solder joints to make sure....It needed new tubes and biasing also!
    In the process, I accidentally solder-shorted the red lead of the switching LED....Result... ... no clean channel or overdrive channel. I did not realize it until getting it back together.....SHITE!
    So as mentioned, do not negate that dual LED as being the source of switching issues !

You guys are awesome....I wish I could have some "bench time" learning from YOU true masters! Enzo and others are SO generous with their time and knowledge on this Forum.
    I am "humbled" yet "striving"....

Comment

Originally posted by retrorod View Post
      ... In the process, I accidentally solder-shorted the red lead of the switching LED....Result... ... no clean channel or overdrive channel. I did not realize it until getting it back together.....SHITE!
      So as mentioned, do not negate that dual LED as being the source of switching issues !
      Good point. I just today chased down a similar switching issue in a 90's HRD that turned out to be that LED. When I peeled back the board I noticed that all three legs were about to fall out of the board. A quick solder touch up and it switched perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X