Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that.
    Attached Files
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for drawing...in your experience is there any know issues with the 550X and failing output devices. I have check all obvious components and not finding any other bad components, rectifiers, regulators etc,,. I am replacing all sanken 2sc3264 now and plan to ramp power using a veriac. Cross fingers?

bw

Comment

AMps are amps. ANy time outputs blow, always check the ballast resistors, and replace the driver transistors, or at least check them thoroughly, and driver transistors have their own resistors that can burn open. And always check the bias transistor and/or bias diodes.

I have already closed the drawing, but on any power amp module, always be aware of input ground. SOme have grounds throughout, but some power amp modules do not have ground for the input stages, that has to come from the input cable. SO in those cases, if you unplug the shielded input cable, the loss of ground throws the system off to one rail. SOa clip lead to ground from teh wshield pin at the input is needed if you run it out of the chassis. I don;t recall if that is the case here.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X