Marshall VS100 Overdrive problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall VS100 Overdrive problem

I have a Marshall vs100 valestate combo. I just fixed the input jack. I could hear the guitar just fine on the clean channle but it seems like after turning the volume up past 4 it doesn't get any louder on that channle, the OD1 doesn't work, I get a loud hum but I could still play the guitar as if it was still on clean, OD2 doesn't work also but instead of a hum theres more of an airy sound, regardless of what channle I play on it seems to stay clean, I made sure the connections to the input jack was connected correctly. If anyone has Any ideas please drop me a line. Thanks

Did the OD channel work before you went in & repaired the input jack?

Comment

Well that's the thing, I gave this amp to a friend, and it worked just fine, even with the input jack problem, he returned it to me to fix the jack, but this time the OD didn't work at all.

To state: the problem with the input jack was that the plastic tread where the bolt goes broke, so we lost the bolt and then the input jack when inside the amp, at times we could stick the male part of the cord in the input jack and pull part of it out, just good enuff to play, at that time with they old input jack all functions of they amp worked(there was just some crackling and a short cutting off of sound because the jack was loose), when I reseved it back I did try it again with old input jack even though I was intending to fix, I got nothing, no clean, no OD or OD2!

Comment

Schematically... That amp is over the top for a novice repair. There's clearly a problem with the switching. Perhaps only the power supply for the switching, but, are you read to dive in??? Point is, this isn't a really simple fix for a novice. If you like the amp a shop tech is in order now.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

It's a great amp! But, seriously, Gypsyssun, it's complicated.

The first one of these I worked on had the same problem and it was a trip to fix. I can do it quickly now, but that first time - and not having good equipment - was a real challenge!

Take it to a pro (or sell it to me CHEAP).

Comment

Working...
          X