Fender Sidekick Reverb 25 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Sidekick Reverb 25 Problem

Any idea where to start looking to repair a Fender Sidekick reverb 25 amp that distorts even at low volume on the clean settings. I've replaced the speaker but it didn't help. Thanks for the help everone!

Did you plug a cable in into the preamp out to th power input?

Comment

Start with power. Both the power amp and the preamp have dual power supplies. The power amp will have I don;t know what, probably somethin in the 20-25v range. But whatever it is, it will have it in both positive and negative voltages. So look for both, and whatever they are, they ought to be about the same voltage as each other except for polarity.

Then the small 8-leg ICs of the preamp need probably 15v supplies. Pin 8 with +15v and pin 4 with -15v. Like the higher voltage on the power amp, you need both these about the same as each other.

Pins 1 and 7 are the output pins of op amp ICs, and we would check - after we know power supply is OK - for DC voltage on those pins. Ther should not be any. A few millivolts we can ignore, but several volts - not good.

After it has been sitting there running a little while, is anything in there getting hot? Are any of the 8-leg ICs getting hot? Is anything on the heat sink getting hot?

I'll have to look up the schematic to be more specific.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X