1996 50watt Marshall Bluesbreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 50watt Marshall Bluesbreaker

Hello all!!! New to the forum here am completely ignorant when it comes to amplifiers and electronics but hoping to learn. I have been haunted by a question for the last decade or so... If the bluesbreaker is essentially a JTM 45 head, could one use that chassis to run a full sized cabinet? If so how would the speakers have to be wired? Could I run four 12" celestian greenbacks? Or, how about four 10" JBL's like in a Fender amp? I just am not happy with the sound of the two greenbacks... Also would anyone have a schematic for the fender Vibrolux??? Wold like that to be my first build and educational experiment...

Schematics for the various Fender Vibrolux amps are easily had with a google search. You need to know which one your interested in since that moniker was attached to a couple of different amplifiers by Fender.

Yes, you can run different speakers and cabinets with your amp. Just be sure the load impedance is correct. If you don't like the sound of two greenbacks in an open cab you may not like the sound of four in a closed cab. Or maybe you don't like that amp?!? If your interested in old school "black face" Fender tones the Bluesbreaker won't get you there. Well, not directly. You could sell it for the $$$ to buy something you like the sound of. If you like the overall feel, breakup character, features and power output of the Bluesbreaker then it IS possible that different speakers can get you what you want. What do you want?
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
    X