super 60 pilot light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super 60 pilot light

Can't find a new pilot light for Super 60.....2.9v to the board contacts but no light.

Tried Riley's, Angela, Antique Electronic Supply, etc.

...any ideas?

Doc

I would contact Fender first. If I had no luck there I would rifle through Mousers paper catalog. Lot's of options and illustrated. Considering the age, and that it's no longer in production, you may need to retrofit. At that voltage you could probably remove the lens from the lamp and stuff a LED in there. Use a diode to trim the voltage.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

The original is an led. It is wired in series with a diode and a 100 ohm resistor and wired across the filament winding.

What is wrong with yours, is it missing or burned out?

Comment

It is burned out

Comment

I don't remember what style those were, can the led be replaced inside? Can some other form of panel mount led fit the original hole?

Comment

super 60 power light

Good point 52 Bill
            Led light and wires are molded, one piece.
            Here is a photo.
            I have a Radio Shack 120 VAC, 1.5mA, ( part # 272-0712, lamp type NE61230H ).........it fits perfectly. I'll wire it to the main switch and ground.
            I think it will be OK. What do you think?
            Doc
            Attached Files

Comment

Oh, it's one of those. I would just push the original led and wires out of the plastic retainer clip and replace the dead led.

Or you can use the Radio shack neon if there is enough space behind the front panel.

Comment

It's just an LED. I'd sure replace it. If you want to re=use the old mounting thingie, then a dab of glue ought to solve that.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                X