Rhodes Pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhodes Pots

Has anyone changed any rhodes Pots. I need a volume and a tone pot for a 1975 peterson preamp on a mark I suitcase. I think the schematic attached is for the Janus and peterson preamps,but Im not sure if its correct. Any specs or links of Pots you have successfully used is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Call Customer Care...(480) 596-7195
    They will tell you the exact part number, that can be ordered from a dealer. Have your make model and serial number ready.
    Fender has excellent support even for old products which are no longer manufactured.

Comment

Those are common values for SS stuff. Whats so special about them?
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

[QUOTE=Gtr_tech;241349]Those are common values for SS stuff. Whats so special about them?[/QUOTE

It is always better to use the original design parts, they fit on the board properly and the operation is as the maker intended.

The last time I bought original pots from Fender, they were $1.86 and the shipping was free.
        It was very easy to install them cause they fit perfectly. Fender has great parts support.

My customers deserve original parts, if they are available. And as long as they are available I use them.

What's so special? There is a difference between a professional repair and a hack repair.
        My repairs are indistinguishable from the original factory construction, when the parts are available.
        Except, the soldering I do is better than the factory. I suppose you could spot it that way.
        I would rather the device was repaired exactly like the factory built it. That is a fair standard of workmanship.
        Last edited by soundguruman; 12-25-2011, 02:45 AM.

Comment

I'd assume they are CTS parts, which are the hardware store variety in the electronics world. They're everywhere. There's an electronics parts store near me that has a large cabinet of old stock CTS pots. You can even put together your own pots from individual shafts of every type and resistive elements of various values and tapers in both solder lug and pc mount varieties.

Everyone knows hand soldering is better than wave soldering....
          The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
          X