Roland jc-120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC-120 or JC-160 ?

I have a JC-120, but it says Jazz Chorus - 160 on the front of the amp. The cabinet is definitely from a 120 (two speakers), and the name plate on the rear panel says it is a JC-120. I am trying to figure out if the electronics are actually a 160 or if the front panel was replaced. Does anyone know how to tell what this actually is?

More Info
    It has a three-way power toggle, and it has a three-way chorus-vibrato toggle (This is the setup of the 160 and I believe the older 120's had this setup too). Except for a little static when turning on the power, it is perfect and works great.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Files

Comment

I got a brand new JC-120 today. Channel 1 works fine but channel 2 doesn't do ANYTHING! FX loop? Or is it just broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex R View Post
        Fuse failures usually have deeper causes. Yes it could be the cord though it's not that common. If you're not confident taking the chassis out then I think you do need the repairman. Btw it is worth bearing in mind that many of those who offer advice on this forum also make their living or part of it from repairs.
        Thanks alex I agree taking it into a professional is indeed the best course of action and I hopefully will do so tomorrow so I can get back to playing this amp I was just curious if there were any common causes for such an occurrence which I could remedy easily in the comfort of my home but it appears as though this problem is rooted deeper than just the fuse as you have pointed out but thank you for the help I do appreciate it

Comment

JC-120 or JC-160

Originally posted by Scott-NYC View Post
          I have a JC-120, but it says Jazz Chorus - 160 on the front of the amp. The cabinet is definitely from a 120 (two speakers), and the name plate on the rear panel says it is a JC-120. I am trying to figure out if the electronics are actually a 160 or if the front panel was replaced. Does anyone know how to tell what this actually is?

More Info
          It has a three-way power toggle, and it has a three-way chorus-vibrato toggle (This is the setup of the 160 and I believe the older 120's had this setup too). Except for a little static when turning on the power, it is perfect and works great.

Any help would be appreciated!
          I just bought a JC-160 just like yours. With two 12" 'Musical speakers'. The rear serial plate showing JC 120. Inside under the amp there is a inspection certificate sticker printed JC 160.
          Please let me know if you have more info.

Comment

From my understanding the JC160 utilized four speakers in a cabinet rather than just two, like the JC120. So, if your amp chassis is saying JC160 but your cabinet is declaring JC120... Well, then maybe it is a JC160 amp inside a JC120 cabinet?

Edit: Reading your post better yes you know this already I guess in a way. The only other thought was that JC160 was discontinued and maybe they merged a bit into some the JC120 releases around that time...? Oh the three way power switch is just probably because it had a two prong power cord. Even the JC60 that I have has the three way off/chrous/vibrato switch and this one was from the late 70's.
            Last edited by DrGonz78; 12-08-2012, 10:28 AM.
            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
            X