No announcement yet.

Have a Crate GX-60C? I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a Crate GX-60C? I need your help!

Hey everybody,

I'm finally getting around to fixing up my blown out Crate, and need some help! I've already replaced two popped IC chips ( TDA2050V's ) and need to replace two resistors; the only problem is that I can't make out the color code on them. If someone has access to the schematic, or has the amp and is willing to undo about four screws, I just need the value / color code on resistors 127 and 129, just below the two largest capacitors on the board. Thanks a bunch.

Edit: This was cross-posted in Schematic Requests.

I don't have the schematic. But if I did I'll wager that your description of "largest capacitors on the board" would mean these resistors are in the power supply. Just speaking from experience, but...

Replacing the blown up and burned parts probably won't fix the amp. Whatever problem burned up those parts your replacing will likeky still exist when you fire it back up.

A problem that burned up a couple of IC's and some power supply resistors is likely to be a shorted transistor. Post a schematic if you can find one. Or, if you can identify the bad part yourself it doesn't matter. But I don't doubt there is a primary cause for the burned parts and just replacing them won't repair the amp. You'll need to find out what caused those parts to fail and fix that too.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

TechnicalSupport@loudtechinc.com

Comment

Working...
      X