One power tube socket is not sending power to tubes in my Mesa Express 5:50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    Imagine you have wall outlets on all four sides of your garage. (All on the same breaker) And ONE of those outlets is dead - no voltage. It is the same problem. And calling the power company or the company that made the outlets wouldn;t produce useful results. The problem is that somewher betwen the ones that work and the dead one, there is a break in the wiring.
    Excellent analogy. I only went on about finding a tech because the OP already doesn't seem to want to get into it as early as post #6 after some advice about what to check. And if the OP isn't going to fix it I thought that finding a place that will fix it might help.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Alright everybody I have some good news today finally. As it turns out, one of the resistors going between the tubes had popped off. Probably because of the heat like many of you guys have been saying. My friend spotted it just through the grating on the back looking into the amp. Apparently he found it lodged by the speaker. I honestly don't even think the techs I took it to looked at it like they claimed. Luckily all it took was five minutes of light repair and the monster lives again! Now I just need to figure out why the input on my foot switch acts so shaky if my chord isn't connected into it at just the right angle.

Comment

That tech/shop/whatever should be ashamed. But the truth is that he/her/they/whatever probably hasn't even thought about it once. If they couldn't find a problem like that, what the hell do they do for money???
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
        X