New Orleans, LA

MCCANN ELECTRONICS

100 DIVISION ST
    METAIRIE, LA 70001
    (800) 473-7270
    Carry-in service on Roland and BOSS products

Roland - Support - Service & Repair - Service Center Locator

Comment

I wonder if that's Marty McCann from Peavey? Nice fellow - smart too.

Comment

Thank you for the advice on repairs, definitely makes me feel a little less hopeless. I swapped out the amp board and the amp now works properly EXCEPT for an unprovoked crackling noise and also loud popping when powering off. When the amp was fried I had swapped control boards with my other 550 because of the crackling and popping. The master volume knob was faulty in my 'good' amp so I traded it with the better one (that of the fried amp). Yesterday after reassembling with new amp board I also replaced the master knob thinking/hoping the crackle and pop would go away but it is indeed still there despite the new master knob working perfectly. I guess I should actually take it in to mcann now...I called mcann once before and they charge something like $92 an hour. I wonder if this is something I can easily fix myself? Though maybe I should just quit trying to do it myself before I make things worse haha.

Comment

The authorized service center probably swaps out the boards too!

Except he can get them cheaper.

I severely doubt they would have worked on the all SMD AC33 I recently had in.

Comment

ok

Comment

Working...
            X