Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JCM 2000 TSL 100 Momentary Switch Button...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momentary switches can be "normally open" or "normally closed". 3 pin types may do both at the same time, the center pin would be common, one outside leg would be the N/C side, the other outside leg would be the N/O.
    The replacement switch you got just had the 2 sides reversed, it was probably a different brand or model number.
    Glad you were able to flip the actuator and get it working.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

In fact, on most switches there should be a little NO and NC printed or embossed on the switch body. And C or COM for the common pin.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Now I know what to call these parts and what to look for in the future. Thanks for all the great information!
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          In fact, on most switches there should be a little NO and NC printed or embossed on the switch body. And C or COM for the common pin.
          Whenever I get any of these switches in, the first thing I do is label which side in normally open and which side is normally closed with a silver sharpie. Most of the cheapies don't come pre-labeled.

Comment

Working...
          X