Fender Acousticonic Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Acousticonic Jr.

Here's a weird one for you. I have this fender acoustisonic that I've been trying to fix for a while. It makes this weird oscillating noise. Sort of like a fluttering, helicopter sound. The amp would only do it after several hours of operation. You can hear the noise at any given moment. I only heard it once and then decided to run it for a few days but heard nothing afterwards. The problem is that I can't recreate the problem so that it's hard to do any kind of troubleshooting. I even tried shaking the amp and bumping it around a few times. I plugged in a guitar and played with it for almost 2 hours and nothing! The amp seems normal...until I give it back to the customer and he will call me a week from now saying that it's doing the same thing. This is the third time this amp has returned to my shop. Any hints on this one?

No, but I hope you find it so I can fix the one in my shop that's doing the same thing. I played on it Sat. for six hours at different times and it was perfect. I beat on the top,sides and everywhere and I can't make it screw up. I guess I'll have to pull it apart and look for some solder joints.
    KB

Comment

Suggestion would be to hit the boards with a hair dyer or perhaps even hit individual components with freeze spray.
      If you think there's any possibility of physical issues, use a etching tool to vibrate the boards.
      Pretty much the ususal. You might also try reducing/increasing the input voltage with a variac, eventhough I'm pretty sure this is an all solid state unit, ya just never know....glen

Comment

If this is the DSP vers

Have come across this before in Aust,a new shop stock one was sent to
        the fender agent then went back to the store...Month later started again
        I got asked to have a look at it...I thought it had something to do with the lead dress from the dsp board or the other multi ribbon ..while experimenting
        with that the noise dissapeared again left it on for a week occasionaly
        turning it on and off...still seemed ok.. took it back to store ..
        a few weeks later started again so store sent it back to distributor for
        new stock.....never heard what happened to it or if the cause was ever found.
        Perhaps thats the one you have.......;-)
        Sounds like a faulty batch ..some oddball fault
        Sorry couldnt be more help but am still curious to know..... if anyone finds
        the answer...
        Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X