No announcement yet.

Aguilar DB750 overcurrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I thought of that too but the amp was unopened since it was built.

Comment

Finally managed to track the short!
      It was two diodes: one going from +15Vdc to ground and the other going from -15Vdc to ground. Namely D310 and D311 on the PSU board, a couple of V4148 thingies.
      Don't ask me how did they manage to fail altogether because I don't know, but they did. Changed them with new ones and voilą, no more short.
      Note to self: in the future, before starting to take out a shiP load of caps, TEST THEM GODDAMNED DIODES!

Well anyway, thanx everybody for their input!!

Anyway, now it fires up, the +-15V regulators don't get hot and do their job, but the amp has another problem: it stays in check mode and doesn't get out of it. The "status" light is blinking and doesn't stop [normally, after like 45 secs it shuts down, the "operate" led turns on and the output relay clicks, the amp is ready to be abused]. Also, the "clip" led above the master knob is on all the time...

Any suggestions on what to check?

Comment

Someone has the power scheme and others of the db750. I have burned components i can not identify

Comment

Hay!!! No is possible dowload aguilar schematics

Comment

there was a server crash a while ago & all the old schematics are not available
            Here they are again, DB750 and AG500
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X