Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Jcm2000 tsl100

Hi guys
    A marshall Tsl100 came my way the other day. The board has R61,62,63 burnt to a crisp and C14 has chunk burnt out of it too.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010066.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	865215Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010067.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	865216

I'v read another post about a Dsl on here And it turnd out c14 was the cause if his problems, but his did not blow like mine

What will cause c14 and the rest of the restors to blow? the guy i bought the amp from said he just used it till it stoped never serviced it!!

C14 and C31 are in parallel. If one of them shorts, it leaves the screen supply across those three resistors to ground. Just guessing that voltage is about 475, and the total of those three 1 watt resistors is about 10k, that means the three of them must dissipate about 22 watts. More than enough to turn them to charcoal.

WHy would C14 fail? Parts fail. There is not always a this causes that story to tell.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Don't forget about the rampant capacitor failures in the late '90's to early 2000's.
      Some duffus ripped off the electrolyte formula & got the part about absorbing hydrogen gas wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X