Peavey 212 Deuce VT Series...no phase effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 212 Deuce VT Series...no phase effect

I replaced the 2 tantalum caps on the lower right portion of the attached schematic....I can now measure a voltage swing which responds to the RATE and COLOR pots in the phase effect circuit...but still no phase effect to be heard. Any ideas as to what I should check next? Thanks for your help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deuce Phase.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	865233

SO is ther signal through the stages of the delay line? Is that TL604 upper right functioning as a switch like it should?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Is that TL604 upper right functioning as a switch like it should?
      apparantly not....i'm not measuring any continuity between pins 4/6 or 3/7 whether the phase switch is on or off.

Anyone have any luck with these?:
      10pcs TL604CP TL604 P MOS ANALOG SWITCHES | eBay

Comment

Before going there, are there other TL604s in the amp? Seems to me there is one for the reverb and some in channel switching. If the reverb one works, pull it from its socket and put it in place of the phasor one. And put the suspect one in the reverb spot. Now did that kill the reverb and is the phasor now working? Or at least the 604 portion of it?

One option is to use the reverb 604. Then install a little jumpr wire in the reverb 604 socket to just leave the reverb always on.

Peavey sells a little workaround for the no longer available 604. I think it is $20.

Me, I never buy parts on ebay, so I couldn;t tell you about those.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Peavey sells a little workaround for the no longer available 604. I think it is $20.
          i bought the peavey workaround kit (i had to solder a couple of dozen joints - a handful of components onto a nice little PCB) from CE Distribution for $14.95....installed it tonight and the phaser works like it should. thanks for the heads up

Comment

Working...
          X