Mesa Express 5:50 Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Express 5:50 Schematic

US amp hit with 220v - Need the power supply schematic! Or just the wire color scheme. Mesa will not help me...I remember a time when they would. My own Mk III came with its schematic. Those were the days....Thanks for your help.

My, My. 220V into a 110V unit.
    It should have took out the fuse.
    Anyway, here is the scheme.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you....it never blew the fuse, but it burned up the MOV! Perhaps the owner pulled the switch fast enough...

Comment

Hi , I am getting "invalid file" when i click that link , could you please send the schematic again ? Thanks.

Comment

The transformer will probably be OK.
          Check the high voltage tank capacitors, no further damage along that line if it was in standby.
          Check the 12volt regulator for the heaters.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-12 at 08.08.22.png
Views:	1198
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	946972
          Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
          If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Express manual;
            Express 5-25, 5-50.pdf
            Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
            If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

You can only trust Mesa schematics so far. The connection shown in red is almost surely there, on the board or hard wired. This circuit with the series caps and resistors makes no sense otherwise. Not that I think this is a related problem but it may help identify the circuits in question in case the R or C designations are off too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hmmmq1.png
Views:	1180
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	946986
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
              X