No announcement yet.

Valvestate 8200: effectsloop: dry signal comes through even when on full wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does. And since the other ideas require serious calculating about what resistances to use I wonŽt adventure into it. YouŽre positive the lift wonŽt have negative sideeffects?

Comment

Originally posted by Van Esch View Post
      YouŽre positive the lift wonŽt have negative sideeffects?
      Yes it won't allow any dry signal to pass through the amp.

Comment

WHich you then have to treat like any serial loop, by having some dry in your processor.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Marshall confirms:

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding your question on the 8280 the parallel effects loop is designed to give you 50/50 when used this means 50% of the original signal and 50% of the effected signal. If you use the series effect loop on the 8280 this will work as the effects loop does on the 8080."

Guess that means the amp is ok, but IŽll do the C44 switch-mod. IŽll keep you informed and many thanks so far.

Comment

After receiving and installing the rest of the replacement parts today was the final testing. I cut the signal after C44 and it works as expected. Clean and boost that is.. As soon as you use chorus, a clean or boosted chorus signal joins the parallel return signal! HavenŽt hooked up the reverb yet, but it looks like the same deal.
            Mind you, none of this matters, the main problem has been solved. I have a stereo boost and clean that after effects is 100% effects only.

Thanks everyone!

Greetings, Bram van Esch.

Comment

Working...
            X