MG 100HDFX issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG 100HDFX issue

I have a MG 100HDFX that is having volume issues like a few posted here. But I have it narrowed down to a couple things.
    1st, The clean / crunch push button only lets good sound thru when pushed half way. In or Out only lets bout 10% volume thru.
    Now, this test I did with the amp & board out of the case. After I put the amp & board back in the case & secured it, no sound.
    Again, I removed it and I got the same results as first discribed.
    Any ideas?
    I thought the push button was dirty or bad. No foot switch so I can't test that way.
    But after securing it, I thought there may be a bad solder.
    How big of a pain will it be to fix this myself and where could I find a replacement switch?

Originally posted by bbsboo View Post
    How big of a pain will it be to fix this myself and where could I find a replacement switch?
    Welcome to the place. Please refrain from replacing things until you test and service them. Get some Deoxit and spray a little into the switch. Any better?

Did you try a spare guitar cord from the FX out to the FX in jack. What sorts of test and soldering equipment do you have access to?

Whatever you do, do not plug the speakers in or out while the amp is on or recently turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
      Welcome to the place. Please refrain from replacing things until you test and service them. Get some Deoxit and spray a little into the switch. Any better?

Did you try a spare guitar cord from the FX out to the FX in jack. What sorts of test and soldering equipment do you have access to?

Whatever you do, do not plug the speakers in or out while the amp is on or recently turned off.
      I've sprayed the switch with compressed air but not deoxit. Looped the fx in & out. No test equipment but a soldering iron I used when I replaced capasitors in My LCD TV

Comment

Cutting out totally when the board is mounted in the case concerns Me. Sounds like bad or broken solder connections.
        I'm gonna pull the board today & look for cracks and loose solders.

Comment

Working...
        X