Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barcus Berry 1330 componet Identifacation help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcus Berry 1330 componet Identifacation help!!

Hi all I had a old timer come in today and brought me his prized pre amp behold a 70's barcus berry 1330. He replaced a "resistor" in it when it stoped working on him and it still dont work it will pass a signal but it its right. I looked at it for him and I need help identifing this part please it says on the side 700-002 If it is a resistor Ive never seen one like it before here is a link to a link http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...Solis/07-1.jpg of the board it is the 2 big "things" lol at the top right 700-002 and also has a opamp that is no longer available I found a NTE yes I hate to use there crap but I would really like to help the old picker out. I get old timers sometimes I just fix em up for free usually, they paid there dues I take care of em unless its a major issue but this I think would be a easy fix for the ol boy if I could get some help for the forum brain trust here If anybody could tell me what the part is I would be grateful as would the ol'boy I am trying to help out he is quite attached to it thanks guys the link again is http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...Solis/07-1.jpg guess you have to copy and paste sorry

What kind of resistance reading across them?

Could be caps, but look more like coils/inductors.

Comment

Hi thanks ... On my meter at 2m ohms it jumps a bit then reads nothing I pulled the leg up to try and read it....In circuit it was reading about 850 ohms.. Ive never seen one of these before LOL he said the old one that was in it developed a brown burn spot, his friend and him bought a plug in so he could use a 9v adaptor they just tied it into the battery leads some afterwords it went kaaput ? Nuthing looks bad on it no signs of heat ? I told him he could buy a used one off ebay fairly cheap but hes had this since 72 he said to him it is important I can tell

Comment

2meg?
        I'd say they're caps.
        and they look like caps.

Comment

Any Ideas as to the value I though it might be a diode of some sort I found a thread that some mentioned a voltage coil/doubler ?? the quest continues ..thanks

Comment

Working...
          X