Standel Studio 60 speaker wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standel Studio 60 speaker wiring

I have a Standell 60 Studio SS amp. The amp was removed and the speakers were all unwired. It has 6 10" speakers they ohn out at about 4 ohm each. I am going to rebuild the old amp with new parts. The preamp works great from the preamp out jack. How would the 6 10's wire to get close to 8 ohms.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by jessadr View Post
    I have a Standell 60 Studio SS amp. The amp was removed and the speakers were all unwired. It has 6 10" speakers they ohn out at about 4 ohm each. I am going to rebuild the old amp with new parts. The preamp works great from the preamp out jack. How would the 6 10's wire to get close to 8 ohms.
    you will put 3 speakers in series, which is 12 ohms,
    then the other 3 in series which is 12 ohms,
    then put the two 12 ohm loads in parallel, which equals 6 ohms total.
    That's the closest you will get to 8 ohms.

There are other combos, but you don't want to use any configuration that causes twice the power on one or two speakers.
    You want equal power on all the speakers. 4 ohms or higher, total, do not go below 4 ohms total load. The amp will overheat.
    As far as speakers go, remove and inspect all of them. Check to see that when the speaker moves, it does not scrape on the magnet.
    If ANY speaker scrapes when it moves, it will have to be rebuilt or replaced.

Comment

That sounds right. I have only checked the speakers with a 9v battery and an ohm meter so far. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the info used small 40watt ss amp to test. The speaker arrangement works just fine. Thanks again. Now to rebuild the factory amp.

Comment

Just curious. Does the model you are working on use potted modules/assemblies?

Comment

I have a Standell custom that does

Comment

Working...
            X