Ampeg Reverberocket tremolo increases signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg Reverberocket tremolo increases signal

Im still having issues regarding the tremolo in my '67 Ampeg Reverberocket. When I engage the tremolo, the overall signal is boosted pretty significantly. I feel like this is not by design. I don't have a schematic, but mine uses the 2x12ax7s and 6U10. Any general thoughts on why this could be happening?

Here. Look under AMpeg, Rocket series. See which one looks closest to yours.

Ampeg Heaven Amp Schematics - Schematic Amplifier Echotwin Echojet Gemini Jet Mercury Portaflex Reverbrocket SVT Reissue

Aside from this, does the trem WORK?

The tremolo is a variable resistance (photocell) in series with the signal path. The intensity control is just a pot shorting across the photocell. With the pot at zero ohms, the photocell has no effect. With the pot maxed, the photocell has max effect.

If the bulb is stuck on bright, then the volume is also maxed. Is your bulb cycling on and off?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If enzo got it right. A first test could be a signal jumper over the pot.
      In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

Enzo,

Here is a link to my schematic - Ampeg gs-12r image by Travst on Photobucket

It was easily tracked down by googling GS-12r schematic.

I have not visually checked the photocell, but it sounds like that may be the issue. I'll look over it

Comment

Working...
        X