No announcement yet.

65 Blackface Pro -- no nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, is there any problem with me leaving the 1A fuse in there?
    Thanks,
    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by river251 View Post
      BTW, is there any problem with me leaving the 1A fuse in there?
      No, not really.

Comment

In thanks, a pic from my office of the Pro, and the culprit about to leap from the edge in shame to his demise.

Thanks again!

Jim
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by river251 View Post
          BTW, is there any problem with me leaving the 1A fuse in there?...
          A smaller value fuse will not damage anything but you may experience some nuisance fuse blowing.
          What's the current Radio Shack policy for replacing their failed lifetime tubes?
          Last edited by Tom Phillips; 08-08-2012, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
            What's the current Radio Shack policy for replacing their failed lifetime tubes?
            Great question! Apparently they still honour it: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...=210675&page=4
            You will probably have to jump through hoops a bit to find someone who knows what a tube is. The replacement will not be a "lifetime" type. A good place to start would probably be to contact them through the website help desk.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

A favorite quote form a friend of mine... "You don't get anything if you don't ask." Seems pedantic, sure. But the implications are endless. As in, if I want someone to give me five bucks I'll need to ask for it. I'm sure to go five buck-less if I don't ask at all. Ask a hundred people and you might even buy lunch and a six pack! Ask no one and you remain hungry and sober

If a policy was ever put in place by a company that still exists they will probably honor it. But exceptions might include exclusivity to the original purchaser and the need to produce a reciept! Good luck with that.
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
                A smaller value fuse will not damage anything but you may experience some nuisance fuse blowing.
                That is an excellent question. I can't wait to take it to one and ask.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                X