Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What LED type for the "amp select" section on a Line 6 Spider IV 150W?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What LED type for the "amp select" section on a Line 6 Spider IV 150W?

Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderIV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	866797

Hello,

I need to replace one of the LEDs used for the "amp select" knob of a Line 6 Spider IV 150W. The LEDs are cylinder, 3mm diameter, 3 pins, surrounded by a removable black tube, green/red, and most difficult: flat top.

Anyone can help identifying what type/manufacturer they are?

Thanks a lot!
    -Patrick

Your best (only?) bet may be to try & contact an authorized Line 6 repair facility.
    They may be of some assistance.
    Three contacts on the LED tells me it is a two color type.

Comment

One question that is bugging me here... Is the amp fully functional except the LED is out? It seems when these amps malfunction the LED can go on the fritz.

Have you tried taking this LED off the board and testing it w/ a 9v Battery? I mean that would be the first thing I would try. Lets at least figure out if it is really the LED or something else feeding the LED power... If that has been done then disregard my thought here...
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
        Have you tried taking this LED off the board and testing it w/ a 9v Battery?
        -1- NEVER try a LED with a 9V battery, without proper resistor in series

see pictures below
        -2- The LED has been un-soldered, and tested and yes, the red side lights up, the green does not.
        -3- I even re-soldered it opposite so the red side would light instead of the green, and it does.

Conclusion, the LED needs to be replaced. I just need the part. I did contact the closest Line6 repair center (in Belgium) see if they are kind enough to provide me with the part or exact reference. So far, no answer.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	led-1.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	827069 Click image for larger version

Name:	led-2.jpg
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	827070

-Patrick

Comment

Suggest you replace it with an ordinary 3mm two-colour LED, either file the top flat or leave it domed. (If it bothers you that it doesn't match the others, replace them all )

You just need to figure out if the LED is common cathode or common anode.
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Hi Steve,

I may end up replacing them all with "ordinary" 3mm bi-color LEDs, but if I can avoid this, I'll try.

BTW, they *are* common cathode, Kingbright L-115VEGW would probably do fine.

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by pmaillot View Post
              Hi Steve,

I may end up replacing them all with "ordinary" 3mm bi-color LEDs, but if I can avoid this, I'll try.

BTW, they *are* common cathode, Kingbright L-115VEGW would probably do fine.

-Patrick
              Hi pmaillot,

LINE 6 does not describe the LED part number in the BOM.
              There is only LINE 6 part number: 18-06-0003. Try to order from you local service.

You can use also the BL-L345EGW - orange/green 3mm LED with flat top manufactured by Betlux, or, clearly, any common type (without flat top) 3mm red/green LED with common cathode.
              Attached Files

Comment

I think I found the exact part !!!

GB-419EGW from Lucky-light (LED Asian manufacturer) Lucky_Light; datasheet

Now, I just need to find who in France/Europe distribute them ...

Oh well.... If only Line 6 repair center(s) would just for once help a little...

-Patrick

Comment

After serious use of Google, I found the "exact" part: Lucky-Light type GB-419EGW - datasheet -

It also looks like Fuzz-It, the Line 6 repair center in Belgium is going to help which is really great news and very nice from them, because I have no idea of who distributes Lucky-Light products in Europe (not digikey, not radiospares, etc...)

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
                  X