No announcement yet.

Marshall Mosfet model 3210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again! I'm just getting myself the new mosfets for this amplifier, there's nothing aside from a new reverb tank I need. Like I said, my amp is fully original, nothing blown, which is why want to upgrade the mosfets.

It may interest you, and anyone else reading this who willing to take on this same project, that the Exicon mosfets mentioned in this thread (ECF10N16 \ ECF10P16), are now obsolete, and the ECF10N20 \ ECF10P20 are now the mosfets offered. I'll be ordering these by the end of the week, and will give an update on when they're installed.

On a complete side note, would anyone know of a way of un-transistorizing the front end of this amplifier and putting in at least 1 12AX7 as a way of recreating the Plexi V1 tube, possibly 3 preamp tubes? I know Marshall made a Mosfet head that had 3 or 4 12AX7 tubes, and came with 4x10 cabs, and had the old 70's style brown fret cloth like my Lead 100 Mosfet. It may not be an easy answer, or project for that matter, but interested if it's possilbe. Thank You.

Comment

A hybrid head like that would have had a power transformer with a high voltage winding and a heater winding. It would definitely not be an easy project.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
      X