Fender TV front pro amp serial number 733 need speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender TV front pro amp serial number 733 need speaker

Some friends of mine introduced me to a lady who's father had an old guitar amp she wants me to make run for her. Turns out to be a Fender tweed (diagonal), pro amp, TV front, 6SC7 preamp tubes. that's in pretty good shape but is missing the speaker and the back of the cabinet. The speaker was obviously the field coil Jensen F15N as the wiring to supply the FC voltage is still in tact. The paper label inside the cabinet has a serial number written in pencil written (calculated guess) 64 years ago that is barely readable I think the number is, #733.

I am looking for the F15N Jensen. Does anyone know where we can find one?

One other thing. I appreciate this forum and the valuable information I have gleaned from it. Thanks everybody.

Search on ebay. The F15N speakers show up every so often.

Comment

Tell dad to get out the wallet
      15" field coil speaker in Consumer Electronics | eBay

Comment

Save yourself some grief... if it has been kicking around this long, she isn't really going to use it.... so get an after market 15" AlNiCo speaker and put a 3-5Hy choke some where on the chassis or in the cabinet.
        Actually those amps used a resistor in the screen node so you probably don't even need to use a choke and if you do, put a 5K-2w resistor in series with it to feed the screen node.
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Working...
        X