Fender stage lead II channel switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender stage lead II channel switch

I am looking to replace a channel (A/B) slide switch on a this Fender Stage Lead II, but am having trouble understanding how the switch functions. I have a slide switch that could work as it fits in the chassis just right. However, I am not sure what is happening when the switch is moved from channel A to B.

The switch that I have now (on,off) resembles the fender switch almost completely, but I am wondering if I need an On/Mom type switch or something different. The original switch is completely busted and looks like is missing a metal part that use to control the throw of the circuit. I found this switch that is On/Mom and might be what I need. I am just unsure...

S112032SS03Q C&K Components | CKN9890-ND | DigiKey

Also the schematic is located here...
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...ge-lead-ii.pdf

The switch part number is... 025279-000 channel switch ESS2207

Thanks for any help on this one...

Edit: After studying the schematic for a while... I think an on/off switch is correct. To me this preamp is combining channel A into chan. B and then allowing the signal to be pushed while in the second channel. However, it appears to me to be a connection of both channels w/ a drive function when channel B is selected. So a simple on/off switch would be right? Let me know if my thinking is worth thinking... lol
    Last edited by DrGonz78; 01-05-2013, 11:29 AM.
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

I don't see an AB switch, do you mean the litle on/off down by the footswitch jack? That is a plain vanilla on/off switch .

You have two separate preamp channels. One into IC1 the other into IC4. The output of each channel arrives at a JFET used as an on/off switch - looks like Q8, Q9. I expect you will find that when one of them is on the other is off.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes it was a plain old vanilla on/off switch and it operates just perfectly now. I barely ever run into these switches for switching channels. Sometimes tracing out the schematic between two separate boards proves to give me a headache when trying to understand the circuit. Thanks again Enzo for the great clarification of the circuit too! I understand this much better now.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
      X