Bugera amp issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera amp issue

Hello everyone. I have been wanting to learn how to repair and modify amps and came across this forum. It looks like an awesome site! I'm new to amp electronics (yes i know how to drain caps, but I'm all ears for tips and tricks), but i have picked up 2 amps (77 peavey classic b and a bugera 6260) to learn on.

I am working on the bugera right now and wanted to see if anyone can help lead me on to the issue. In a nutshell, the power comes on (as do all chanel, crunch, clean... Lights), but the tubes do not get hot or glow. Needless to say, but theres no sound either... The tubes look off, even after several minutes in standby... The guy i bought it from (he bought it broken to, but didn't have time to fix it) mentioned that someone before him put a tube in wrong and the amp has been broken like this since.

Any ideas where i can start looking???

If the heaters don't glow orange when the amp is in stby, look for a blown fuse in the heater circuit.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Early Bugera amps had a molex=type connector on the transformer wires. That connector plugged onto the circuit board. The heater voltage pins would burn out. Bugera issued a service bulletin to clip off the connector and solder the transformer wires directly to the pins on the circuit board. They also immediately started wiring them that way from the factory. This may be your problem, but if not, it should be done if not done already.

Look at your transformer wires and see if they have a connector, and if so are any of the pins looking burnt?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Comment

Ok, heres what i found. Enzo, is this what you're talking about? Do i just clip off the connector and solder the wites to where the connecter puts them to fix this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	828030

Comment

Better pic:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	828031

Comment

Yep....those are burned alright. Remove the header pins and cut the wires out of the connector housing then solder them direct to the board. You may want to do it one at a time once the pins are out just to make sure you don't get them mixed up. That would be bad....umm kauy?
              The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

You got bookie amps running through the connector & some bone-yank sources the wrong one.
                They oughta ha_g him.

Comment

Working...
                X