Blackstar Artisan 100 OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar Artisan 100 OT

I am looking for an output transformer for a Blackstar Artisan 100. Can't find anything on their website and was wondering if a Marshall 100 Watt OT would be an acceptable substitute. I have a narrow window to repair it as the band is on tour and will be passing though here next Thursday and was hoping to fix it then. Any advice?

Thanks,

Dan

The Marshall runs AB I think, and the website says it runs class A, which may require more primary current capacity. Maybe this would work better...Transformer - Hammond, Output, Push-Pull, 100 W | Antique Electronic Supply
    Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the owner wants an exact replacement from Blackstar which will probably not be possible unless I can get it overnighted. Just saw the price on the Hammond 1650R, $165 which is about $60 more than the price in the 2009-10 catalog. Did Hammond raise their prices that much? Also saw a replacement OT for a Vox AC15 going for over $800 when it was listed at $78 in the '09-10 catalog! Hope that one was a typo since you can buy a new AC 15 for less than $600.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that $800 Vox too. I thought that it had to be a typo... I think their trying to cash in on all this tube amp fever that has gripped a lot of guitarists.
        Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Working...
        X