reverb circuit clipping/spiking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverb circuit clipping/spiking

I'm getting some clipping/spiking with this reverb and I'm wondering if it could be the springs vibrating and hitting the enclosure?

The pan is mounted inside the chassis, suspended by springs to hold the reverb pan afloat. The reverb pan had some foam on the inside that crumbled/wore over time and I'm wondering if the vibration is causing the springs to move too much? I got this amp needing work so I'm not sure how the reverb is supposed to work but the dwell is very long. The reverb at about 9 o'clock is almost too much/wet. Is its length due to the foam on the inside being worn? Should I mount the pan in the cab under the speaker?

I replaced the power transistor in this reverb circuit as well as a cracked resistor. I'm wondering if the issue is just on account of the pan or the circuit too.

I have seen foam under the reverb springs.
    The only time that I ever had to mount foam is to get rid of a howling/feedback noise.

Comment

I'm skeptical as to whether the cap in the reverb circuit is supposed to be non polar as the schematic shows, or if its supposed to be polar. Its highlighted in red.

I replaced the cap with a non-polar cap but I'm wondering if that may be the issue... Where should the negative side go? Its the cap near the red marking..

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      I have seen foam under the reverb springs.
      The only time that I ever had to mount foam is to get rid of a howling/feedback noise.
      how should one dampen the springs? like should the foam or material touch the springs? If so, how much.

Comment

Working...
      X