Behringer BX300T dead amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer BX300T dead amp

Hi all, i'm new to the forum and in need of some help.
    I have a BX3000T in for repair and it has me completely stumped.
    The preamp seems to be working as the VU needle indicates when injected with a signal, However the amp is stone cold dead.
    I've checked all the O/P transistors, all fine, voltage regs, all fine -15/+15.
    fuse is fine and AC from the secondary of the transformer all fine.
    the fan does turn on as soon as you flick the power switch, but at what i assume is an idle speed.

BUT........ i have no voltage across either of the large 4700mfd caps and can't find where it's gone wrong.
    So please any help would be greatfully received, schematics even better.

Well, the voltage for the 4700uf caps is most probably a separate circuit than the +15 & -15 volt rails.
    You will have to trace it back.
    High voltage Vac from the transformer secondary, into a bridge rectifier, into the capacitor, is what I would think to look for.

Comment

I had a look earlier and found 97VAC at the header and to the fuse..... I will trace it tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

Just a quick one...there is an optoisolator at the back of the board. Would that have any thing to do with turning on the supply to the amp psu?

Comment

You may be on your own there.
          Unless a schematic can be obtained.

Comment

Are you sure this isn;t a BX3000T instead of a BX300T? I have not seen a BX300T nor a listing for it.

The schematic doesn;t even include those main power supplies. I'd imagine you have a winding on the transformer just for that, and a bridge. That should be easy to trace. A lack of the main voltages to the power am pwill certainly make it silent.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Sorry Enzo typo on my part It's a BX3000T.

The transformer measures fine I assume it actually runs 40-25-0-25-40 i think.
              Are you aware of some sort on power up delay on this model?

Comment

UPDATE......
                I've fixed it just take a look at what i found "UNDER" the power header.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0230.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	828347

AND HERE IT IS Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0228.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	828348

Comment

Well spotted!
                  "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Thanks i was really pleased.... nearly gave up and certainly started doubting my abilities.

Comment

Hmmm, can't see "it"...I've got one of these on my bench now with similar problems (it's a friends amp that he asked me to take a look at). I opened it up yesterday to look for any obvious signs, but didn't see anything right off the bat. I haven't removed the whole heat sink/main board/power section yet, but that's my next move...

Comment

What 'similar problems' would that be?
                        The original post listed a few.
                        No amp output?
                        No voltage to the main caps?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                          What 'similar problems' would that be?
                          The original post listed a few.
                          No amp output?
                          No voltage to the main caps?
                          No amp output! Sorry for the sketchy post...unfortunately it's the best I can do at the moment. My buddy gave me the amp and said "it was working intermittently for a little while and it would come back to life if I pounded my fist on the top, but then it stopped working all together"... Hmmm, no wonder!
                          So, I haven't even gotten to the point of checking voltages at the main caps yet - They're still buried under the big heat sink. The intermittent part lead me to believe that it may be a cold or broken solder joint so my initial plan was to just retouch all the solder points - clearly I'll have to remove the heatsink and output section before doing so - I just haven't gotten there yet. In the meantime I figured I'd pop in here to do a little "pre-search" and I found this thread. Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

So even though it's been awhile, I figured I'd post my results. Once I got the big heat-sink off and got access to the main board I just re-touched all the solder joints. I did this on the control board(s) as well. I guess I got lucky because the amp has played several dozen gigs with no issues since being repaired.

Comment

Been there many times friend.
                              Glad that you got it working.

Comment

Working...
                              X