Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic VTX 2 12 Questions

Hiya fellas
    I just recently got ahold of a Classic VTX. I have a question about the normal channel's volume. It seems to behave rather beastly, ie crack it open no more than 1 on the dial and it's pretty loud,(as loud as I gig with my Deluxe reverb) much more than that and it begins to get some serious breakup. Is this normal? The lead channel behaves as any other I have ever messed with. Nice even increase in vol / drive via the two controls. Thanks for your input!!
    Mike

Explore that control, see if it needs to be resoldered, or if the thing is open through its element.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Will do!

Comment

Hiya fellas
        Originally posted by Sixties_strat View Post
        I just recently got ahold of a Classic VTX. I have a question about the normal channel's volume. It seems to behave rather beastly, ie crack it open no more than 1 on the dial and it's pretty loud,(as loud as I gig with my Deluxe reverb) much more than that and it begins to get some serious breakup. Is this normal? The lead channel behaves as any other I have ever messed with. Nice even increase in vol / drive via the two controls. Thanks for your input!!
        Mike
        80343008.pdf

According to the manual the normal channel is enable by the automix footswitch. I don't have a VTX here but I do have a Classic VT.I can combine the normal and bright channels together (only with the automix FS) and the gain is very high.

Comment

Originally posted by gbono View Post
          Hiya fellas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22302[/ATTACH]

According to the manual the normal channel is enable by the automix footswitch. I don't have a VTX here but I do have a Classic VT.I can combine the normal and bright channels together (only with the automix FS) and the gain is very high.
          Hey thanks for the input My automix footswitch does not have that option, It is a three button configuration, channel select, reverb and phaser.

Comment

I've got a VTX and there isn't any combining of Normal and Lead, with the footswitch it's either Normal or Lead.

(I'm trying to upload the schematic to show here, but the pdf doesn't want to upload, the upload manager just hangs).

Switching appears to be done by Q1 and Q2 FETs.

Comment

Using the search, post #2 in this thread:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t15353/
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well Fellas,
                took me awhile but got this baby purring Turns out the pot was just dirty. Took my time and cleaned the entire amp up, looks like new!! Sounds pretty good too......Thanks again for the help, folks like you are worth their weight in gold.

Comment

Working...
                X