No announcement yet.

Vibrolux reverb custom issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started in on one of these today. That hiss is bad, but doesn't look so bad on the scope though. Had a real BF Vibrolux in too, and it's really quiet in comparison. Thanks for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rf7 View Post
      Just started in on one of these today. That hiss is bad, but doesn't look so bad on the scope though. Had a real BF Vibrolux in too, and it's really quiet in comparison. Thanks for this thread.
      I must say tho, this may be the best sounding cranked fender tone i have heard from any non vintage fender. It really sings with power when you peg the volume. A lot of todays amps don't do cranked real well but this does. By the way, what do you think of the lead dress?! If lead dress is as important as many say, this amp should be a horrid sounding affair. It doesn't seem to cause noise tho, as i tried chopsticking it a lot and found aside from one wire nothing made any real difference in noise.

Comment

This must be Vibrolux Reverb custom reissue week, I have one here too from a local recording studio, and of course they are complaining about the excess noise, why wouldn't they?
        So far I put in metal film plate resistors at R4 and R15, changed out C18 which was loud to the touch and C17.
        I also pushed down each of the wires off of the board and moved them closer to the chassis.
        Still noisy.
        I wonder it shielded wire might help from the jacks to the board and them from board to grids. Don't know.

Comment

Thanks for this post OC.
          I missed it

"Although your problem sounds specific to the pre-amp the custom shop Vibrolux is known to be noisy.

See these for example :-

Removing all hiss from Custom Vibrolux Rev. - Fender Stratocaster Guitar Forum

FenderŪ Forums ? View topic - Hiss in Custom Vibrolux Reverb

Fender Vibrolux Custom

Hissing Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb - which mods really help ?

It appears to me the designer applied the er um mods that a lot of amp fanatics do to their own amps.
          Like removing neg feed back changing the caps etc.
          It also appears as the circuit board has components missing , that the board can be/ is?
          used for the vibroverb as well populating it with some different components.
          Its certainly not one for the hi-fi guitarist ....if one exists !
          The tone stack is different too with an extra tap/lug on the treble pot.
          But some blues/rock guitarists seem to like it as it is! "

Comment

Working...
          X