Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Valco "Chicago 51" schematic

Hey all,
    I have an old Valco that's giving me fits...hums loudly, varying from nothing to loud as I adjust volume control. I have replaced all the tubes, filter caps, checked all resistors for proper value and checked bypass and interstage caps, replacing anything that looked questionable. I have checked all grounds and they are fine. At this point, I need to find a schematic for this beastie. Tube line up is as follows ===> 6SQ7 > 6SC7 > a pair of 6V6's with a 5Y3 rectifier tube....
    Thanks boys
    Tim
    Electronic Sound Technologies

Schematic Heaven has about 17 Valco drawings, most by chassis number. See if any of those match up.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo
      Thanks for the "hint"....I was able to find the schematic under Gretsch on Schematic Heaven...it's the same as the model Gretsch G6155 . I'd forgotten that Gretsch, Valco, Supro, etc etc were all made by the same company and it seems they just slapped names on whatever was ordered by the different companies.

Anyway amp has a nasty hum and I've pretty much decided that it is being caused by bad grounds....every ground is dependent on a rivet and there are many grounds in this amp...These amps were made very cheaply originally and after 50 years, the rivets loosen up and you start having bad grounds and ground loops...the only way I can seen to get rid of the hum is to star ground everything but I don't think the guy is going to go for the labor that it will take.
      Thanks again
      Tim
      Electronic Sound Technologies

Comment

Working...
      X