Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender 80s "II" series amps vactrol ratings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 80s "II" series amps vactrol ratings?

I need to either source or build a replacement vactrol for a Twin Reverb II amp. There are no mfgr type numbers on the vactrols they used and the part # noted in the schemo doesn't get me anywhere. Has anyone checked out one of these to see the min/max resistance from the photocell end?
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Originally posted by Gtr_tech View Post
    Has anyone checked out one of these to see the min/max resistance from the photocell end?
    Aren't there 3 or 4 of them in the amp, are they all dead? I don't think that the values are that critical. If any of them still work, measure the resistance with the diode on and off and see what you can find to match.

I've fixed some when the diode goes bad by grinding of the back side of the case and installing a new led.

Comment

I was just gonna build a new replacement with a yellow or warm white LED and a photocell. I have a handful of cells, some get into the 10s of megs when dark. Assuming they are all the same I guess I 'll have to pull one out of circuit and see what I get. Was just lookin' for quick info if anyone has been thru this before.
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
      X