Vox AC125 HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC125 HELP!

Does anyone know what the 2N3819 Transistor at the input does? It sounds the same with or without it on the one I have here. I keep looking at the schematic but I still don't get it .

Thanks,
    Cameron

How about letting us look at it too? Got a link? I don't have that drawing, and neither does my dealer site.

The V125 has something that looks like what you describe, I have to think it is the same. The input tube stage to the amp is cathode driven instead of grid driven. I think this is a common grid stage, or is it a cascode including the FET? Smarter people will know. The large cap - 2uf on this drawing - essentially grounds the grid for audio. The FET is in the cathode leg, and it drives the signal into the tube.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      How about letting us look at it too? Got a link? I don't have that drawing, and neither does my dealer site.

The V125 has something that looks like what you describe, I have to think it is the same. The input tube stage to the amp is cathode driven instead of grid driven. I think this is a common grid stage, or is it a cascode including the FET? Smarter people will know. The large cap - 2uf on this drawing - essentially grounds the grid for audio. The FET is in the cathode leg, and it drives the signal into the tube.
      Sorry Enzo thats the one(it was late last night) I left out the V. I thought cascode too but it just does'nt look right. I'm thinking the schematic might be wrong. Anybody have a V125 to look at?

Comment

Schematic looks OK to me, redraw it vertically and it might look more familiar.

Think of the FET as just another triode, if that helps.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
          Does anyone know what the 2N3819 Transistor at the input does? It sounds the same with or without it on the one I have here. I keep looking at the schematic but I still don't get it .

Thanks,
          Cameron
          first stage of the pre amp, blows easily.

Comment

Working...
          X