yet another VS265 with troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another VS265 with troubles

I've got a 1997 Marshall VS265R, the amp works perfectly, no loss of volume or drive on both drive channels, reverb and the chorus work on both channels.

but it's developed this very annoying hum, I can crank it up clean or dirty and drown the hum out but soon as you stop playing it's back..

I don't have any tools or meters to even attempt a repair I just need some place to send it that's not going to tell me crap from out in left field.

if there are some some good techs here on the forums, I don't mind pulling the head from the combo and shipping it to them and pay to have it fixed..

Wow, 78 views and no help for this guy?

Where you located?
    The problem is probably a bad/intermittant pc board connection somewhere possibly a filter cap, or noisy opamp.
    If you plug into the fx return jack is the noise still there?
    If so then the hum is coming from the power amp, if not then the preamp.

Comment

Bad solder at the main filter caps. Happens alot ion these.
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Drewl, most of those views are by google robot scanners and same from other sources.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

While you're in there, resolder the 1/4" jacks also. Another common problem with these amps.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
            Wow, 78 views and no help for this guy?
            He has stated that he is only looking for somewhere to send it for repair.
            XxIPxX: The members on this forum are from many countries all over the world. If you state which country and city you are in, someone maybe able to recommend a repair shop to you.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Which is why I asked where he is, I was going to give an estimated cost but didn't want to stir up anything.

Didn't know about the robot scamming....yikes.

Comment

Bot scanning is not scamming, it is indexing forum posts so search engines can include them in search results.

I'll fix it for 500 rubles(about $15) but it also means shipping costs of $300 each way and a month sitting in customs......:>)

Comment

I'm in North Dakota.. sorry about that..

plugging into the fx return made no difference..

also pulling the ecc83 tube from the preamp board makes no difference, the only thing that makes the hum do down is the power dimension button
                  Last edited by XxIPxX; 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I'm in Sioux Falls, SD if that helps you out. Google Dakota Entertainment. I'd post info/links, but I'm not sure it's legal here.
                    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

contacted you thru your site

thanks so much...

Comment

Working...
                      X