Vibrato channel no sound .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrato channel no sound .

I have been over this more times than I can count ,and I'm missing something. I have tested the input resistance from the tip of my guitar cable to V3 pin 2 ,and get 34k or 68K depending on which input I use yet I get no sound. I have checked the voltages on the tube socket ,but I'm not 100% sure what they are suppose to read. Maybe a bad tube ,but I think I've swapped them all. The demo I have heard from this amp sounds awesome ,and I want to get this one to that point.

Just realized i posted in the wrong place. Sorry.

Thanks folks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gtrplayr1976; 05-29-2013, 02:55 PM.

All of the voltages on V3 are wrong, like there is no B+ voltage. Recheck your wiring to the power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
      All of the voltages on V3 are wrong, like there is no B+ voltage. Recheck your wiring to the power supply.
      Bill, did you see the updated V3 voltages at the bottom of the page ,or are you looking at the ones on top ?

Comment

Originally posted by gtrplayr1976 View Post
        Bill, did you see the updated V3 voltages at the bottom of the page ,or are you looking at the ones on top ?
        Yes, sorry i didn't notice the lower list.

Comment

I think I finally figured it out. Well most of it. I guess being a greenhorn doesn't help. I had left the speed ,and intensity controls unwired as well as the jack for the foot switch . Apparently these need to be connected in order for the channel to work. It sounds really good now even with old preamp tubes.

Comment

Working...
          X