Bose System L1 Compact Power Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bose System L1 Compact Power Stand

Hi there. Have this Bose system and Bose won't sell parts...or offer any support except to ship it back...Trying to source the volume pots for this unit...Anybody out there have any experience with working on these things?? And know where to get parts?? These pots are dual...with two rows of three pins coming out of the side of the pot...one row of pins are directly above the other..on the same side of the pot..so I guess that they are dual......printed circuit board vertical mount..... One pot is an A20K and the other is a 10C10K...any help or advice greatly appreciated....
    Thanks,
    Bernie

A photo would at least let us know what we are looking for. Dual pots are not so rare, but the two sections of differing values puts them into custom made land.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

So send it back to Bose.

Comment

OK Enzo....I'll send you a photo...I thought about sending it back...by the time you add shipping both ways and repair charges, etc...it is going to be expensive....the only problem is both volume pots are very scratchy and that is all that is wrong with it...It would be much cheaper to replace the pots if of course I can source them...Digi-Key doesn't have anything which would be compatible...that is why I posted here...I'll get you a photo Enzo..the two pots are pyhsically the same size...just different values....Thank you for your time...
        Cheers,
        Bernie

Comment

Have you tried cleaning them?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes sir....That was the first thing that I did...Didn't do any good though...Tried t a couple of times...no luck...actually I am beginning to think it made it a bit worse...but that could be my imagination I guess..anyway I'll get you some pictures so you can see exactly what they look like....
            Cheers,
            Bernie

Comment

We were talking elsewhere about noisy controls, if you have controls that won't clean, put a volt meter on them and see if any DC voltage is across the noisy pots.

Comment

OK. I never thought of that.....I will check it out tomorrow and get you a couple of pictures as well.......Thanks for the tip....
                Cheers,
                Bernie

Comment

Working...
                X