HRD V1 troubles no output? Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRD V1 troubles no output? Advice needed

Hello Everyone. I am new around here but have used the forums to help with various amp issues so thank you!

I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (green pcb) that the previous owner "attempted" to mod using the Fromel electronics kit. The power amp section works fine. So...with the preamp section I have signal going into V1 pin 2 but nothing coming out of pin 1.

Changed tube, no fix. Checked continuity of all components for/around V1 and ribbon cable and everything checks out. So I then checked cathode bypass cap voltages (C1/pin 3) and am getting 0v (schematic calls for 1.72v). Also, the filiments are not lighting in V1 and the tube is cold to the touch. However, I am getting correct 3.3vAC on pins 4/5?

Not sure where to go next with this? Thanks for any help/advice with this!

Have you resoldered the V1 tube socket?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yes thanks. As I said, I have full continuity of all pins and connections in and out of V1.

Comment

Make double sure that the continuity check is made at the socket pins (inside the socket), not at the solder pins.
        I have seen these socket pins literally snap.

Comment

SOLVED

The issue turned out to be the V1 filament wire leads where barely connected on the small pcb. Stripped them back and resoldered, good to go!
          This was odd because I was still getting continuity and 3.3vAC on the pins before? I guess the poor connection was just enough to not allow the filaments to heat in the tube. Thanks for the help and consideration!

Comment

Working...
          X