No announcement yet.

Amp Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, It's a rebel 30. The PT or rectifier was my second guess. And yes there is a BIG dif..in Theory and practice..we did use oscopes and build cicuits on breadboards when I took electronics all the way thru digital. I've also done electrical work in commercial/residential settings so understand the dangers of HV. Thanks for the light bulb limiter idea which I will do. This is something I'm very serious about learning and appreciate you guys input! Especially the dangers of HV.

Comment

Since your left hand is closer to your heart, that's the one you put away... the "Left Hand Rule".

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
        Is this an Egnater Rebel? This is a rather complex amp to work on for your first experience with the blended output. I would recommend taking it to an authorized servicer. Maybe try working on a simpler amp or build a small kit amp.
        You are correct on that! Boy how easy those old tweed hand wired amps look to repair than these multi PCB boards with all the tiny tracers. I was going to get a small amp kit to start with and see how that goes. However I will try out the PS on this Rebel if it's not there then probably have someone qualified look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Curtis, dB AudioTech View Post
          Since your left hand is closer to your heart, that's the one you put away... the "Left Hand Rule".
          Thanks Dave! It makes sense that If I'm going to run current through my body from one hand to the other potentially, I'd rather start at my right and hope it goes no further than the edge of my top right lung.

Comment

Working...
          X