Source for replacement 1M dual gang pot for JCM800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for replacement 1M dual gang pot for JCM800

Anyone know of a suitable replacement for the dual gang 1M log pot in a JCM800? I know I probably won't find a pc mount. Anything anyone else has used with good results?

did you check tubesandmore.com?
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Yes, I've looked all at Antique Electronic and most other suppliers I've used in the past. I don't mind having to wire up a non pc mount pot. The problem is finding a knurled shaft so as to be able to use the original knob.

Comment

WHAT JCM800? There are about 20 models in that series.

And I don't remember, are those the common 16mm size?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

FWIW I have repaired Marshalls where that dual pot was mounted with legs "up" and connected with short wires to the PCB ... straight from the Factory.

So sometimes not even *them* get the PCB pot and use a regular one.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Sorry, JCM800 2205. 50 watt. Has the 1M dual gain pot in the drive channel. These are actually the 24mm but I'll take what I can get. I will most likely have to wire to the pcb anyway.

Comment

I have found the correct replacement pots at The Tube Amp Doctor.

Comment

I figured it had to be a 2205 or 2210, had to replace one in my 2210 when I got years ago, but that's how I got it cheap.
                Aside from the places listed above, New Sensor has the Marshall pc mount pots including the dual 1Meg.

Comment

Working...
                X